Nothing beats fresh, homemade wings. You get them when they’re still perfectly hot, juicy, crisp and cooked just however you like them. You could grill them, but sometimes it’s nice to let them sit and cook on their own. Sure, you could bake them if you wanted to, but baked wings just don’t have that same taste and can make your house too hot in the summer. The solution? Try switching things up by seasoning and letting the Charbroil® Oil-less Turkey Fryer do the rest of the work for you. The result? Watch the video at the bottom of this blog to see for yourself! Note: These ingredients are just a suggestion. You can use your own favorite wing recipe and modify it with these instructions on how to make wings in an oil-less fryer for an equally delicious experience!
- 1lb chicken wings or legs
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of nutmeg
- Teriyaki sauce
- The Charbroil® Oil-less Turkey Fryer by Char-Broil®
- The Big Easy® Leg Rack by Char-Broil®
- 20 lb Propane Tank with Propane
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 bowls
- 2 plates
- A spoon
- A meat thermometer or fork
- An appetite 🙂
Instructions on How to Make Wings in an Oil-Less Fryer
- Place 1lb of chicken wings or legs on a clean plate.
*Note: Do not use this same plate again after it has touched raw chicken and be sure to wash your hands after handling chicken.
- Place 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 tablespoon of garlic salt, 1 tablespoon of black pepper and 1 tablespoon of black pepper in a clean bowl.
- Use a spoon to mix the dry ingredients in their bowl creating a dry rub for your wings.
- In a separate bowl pour in some teriyaki sauce.
- Dip wings into the teriyaki sauce and then into the dry rub to coat them with seasonings.
- Place wings on the leg racks by hooking the drumette between the metal bars and allowing the wingette and tip to hang downward.
- Connect the leg racks to the oil-less fryer basket by hooking one to the 3rd row down on one side and the other to the top on the opposite side.
- Place the basket with wings into The Charbroil® Oil-less Turkey Fryer.
- Let wings sit and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F or for about 30 minutes.
*Tip: You can use The Char-Broil® Digital Meat thermometer or The Digital BBQ Temperature Fork to verify that your chicken is cooked all the way through.
- To ensure your wings are extra crispy put the lid on the oil-less fryer.
- Remove the basket from The Charbroil® Oil-less Turkey Fryer, remove wings from the their leg racks and place on a clean plate.
- Enjoy! You have earned the right to eat some delicious homemade wings!
Have you made wings in an oil-less fryer before? Share your favorite recipe with us in the comments below!