Picture this: you’re walking to class while sipping coffee and gazing at green grass, tree-lined streets and gorgeous Gothic architecture. Well, that’s going to be you if you’re moving to Fordham University’s Rose Hill campus! Founded in 1841, Fordham is a private, nonprofit research university in the north Bronx, New York. Your college experience is sure to be a blast, but you’ll need some help getting there. Look over these facts about the school and tips on moving there before you become a Fordham University Ram!
Fordham’s three New York campuses have 10 total schools (4 undergraduate and 6 graduate). The Rose Hill campus offers courses at the following schools:
- Fordham College at Rose Hill (undergraduate)
- Gabelli School of Business (undergraduate)
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Graduate School of Religion and Religious Studies
- School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Freshmen at Rose Hill learn what is called the Core Curriculum. Both undergraduate schools have it:
- Fordham College at Rose Hill- students take courses in English, philosophy, theology, math, history, natural sciences, social sciences, fine and performing arts, and modern and classical languages.
- Gabelli School of Business- students take courses in marketing, finance, strategy, accounting, information technology, and business communication.
There are 14 residence locations at Fordham’s Rose Hill campus, five of which are for freshmen. The residence halls have features like game rooms, social lounges, study spaces, and laundry and kitchen facilities. Some of the residence halls are called Integrated Learning Communities. Students who live in them learn to be leaders in service while fulfilling the school’s vision. While living on campus, students have access to:
- green spaces all over campus (for studying or socializing)
- fitness centers
- dining (8 locations at Rose Hill)
- over 125 student organizations (academic, cultural, performing, political, media, service, etc.)
Moving to Fordham University
Hopefully at this point, you’re looking forward to attending Fordham Rose Hill. But before you plan out your whole new life in New York, you need to plan the move. You may be cringing at the thought, but that’s why we have Collegeboxes. This service will ship all of your items to Fordham, so there’s no stress needed. Simply pack up your boxes, and they’ll be picked up at your home and shipped to a secure climate controlled storage facility. From there, they’ll be delivered right to your room on the scheduled date! If you prefer to handle your own items, U-Haul moving trucks and trailers are great solutions. Whether you use Collegeboxes or a truck or trailer, your college move is set up for success!
How did you make your move to Fordham Rose Hill easier? Let us know in the comments!
flickr: Raymond Bucko, SJ/via cc