Tailgating for super fans is not something to take lightly. Super fans know that the tailgate party means dressing the part, bringing the right supplies and repping your team above all else. Here are some surefire ways to tailgate like a super fan:
Dress the Part
A tailgate isn’t the same if you aren’t sporting your team colors! Be sure people know who you’re supporting on game day, and dress the part. You could rock your team jersey or T-shirt, and maybe a hat or even some war paint!
Bring the Fun
It’s always a good idea to bring your own entertainment to a tailgate. Cornhole is a great game for setting an exciting mood within your group. It allows for some healthy competition, while still maintaining a fun and relaxing environment for everyone. You can even save some money by making your own cornhole set out of leftover moving supplies!
Bring the Right Tools
Tailgating for super fans shouldn’t be limited to supporting your team. You can also entertain your friends and family while you do it! Grilling equipment is one way to do that. Bring along:
This is one of the single best tools for a successful tailgate. It powers your grill, meat smoker, and heaters if you choose to bring them. Propane is the foundation to cooking and staying warm while tailgating!
2. Char-Broil Portable Gas Grill. If you think you can only get freshly-grilled food at home or a restaurant, think again! You can give your tailgate some flavor with this portable, sturdy grill that lights up by pushing a button.
3. Grill Baskets. Whether you’re cooking mixed vegetables, kabobs or corn on the cob, you can’t go wrong with a grill basket. You can rotate your all of your food with one easy-grip handle, and enjoy an evenly-cooked final product.
5. Char-Broil Digital Meat Thermometer. You don’t want anyone getting sick during the big game because of under cooked meat! Be sure to use a meat thermometer to test your meal’s temperature before serving.
Show your Spirit
You want it to be clear who you’re supporting on game day! Hopefully you’ve dressed the part as we talked about above. Now, it’s time to do the same for your tailgating equipment. Be sure to use:
1. NFL Tank Skinz. These polyester knit wraps hug your propane tank and display your favorite team name and logo. They come in every NFL team available, and they can also fit a 5 gallon water bottle.
2. Grill Covers With College Logos. Grill covers are a great way to protect your grill from the elements during your tailgating party. But, why have a plain cover when you can have one that supports your team? These covers are weather resistant with a drawstring bottom, and come in regular (59″x 19″x 42″) and large (68″x 43″x 23″) sizes.
3. NFL 3D Receiver Covers. If you want to really push your super fandom to the limit, decorate your hitch receiver with one of these 3D covers! They lock onto your 2″ hitch receiver, and have a fade resistant image of your favorite NFL team.
There you have it. Bring along some games, grilling gear and team spirit, and you’ll be tailgating like a super fan in no time!
What are some other ways to tailgate like a super fan? Tell us in the comments below!