If you are reading this post, then you are probably dealing with moving during the non-traditional winter months. Moving during the cold winter months, especially with snow on the ground, can be a real challenge. However, here are some thoughts and tips that can help make your winter move more bearable.
Advantages for Winter Moving:
Tips for Winter Moving:
1) Plan ahead & have a backup plan. This is true with any move, but especially in the winter months when an unexpected snowfall can create havoc on your move.
2) Dress appropriately for moving. The last thing you need when you are moving is to get sick or catch a cold. So, dress warm enough to avoid getting chilled, but not so warm as to cause unnecessary sweating. Under Armour clothing line provides a great selection of breathable shirts, caps, etc….
3) Sufficient salt supply. Keep a bag of salt for your driveway and sidewalks so pathways are safe.
4) Snow removal blower or shovel on hand. In case you really get hit with a heavy snowfall and you cannot delay your move, then keep the right tools and equipment nearby. Also, it could be beneficial to know a teenager in the neighborhood who would be willing to shovel your snow on short notice for a minimal fee.
5) Keep the heat ON at both homes. It is bad enough to be freezing outside, but you don’t want your home to be cold too. That is true for both the home you are moving out of and the home you are moving into. Don’t pinch pennies when it comes to the value of getting warm during a winter move.
Move safe this winter.