The holidays have come and gone and sadly, after taking down all the Christmas decorations, your home may be looking a little bare. But no need to fear – this could be the perfect time to take on a little DIY with winter renovations for your home.
- One of the most affordable ways to freshen up you home is with paint. A new color can completely transition a room and the way it feels. Plus, it can be a lot of fun if you make it a project with friends and family!
- Strip floors! From re-tiling to installing hardwood floors, there are many different ways that flooring can drastically change your home’s look and feel.
- Seek some inspiration to channel your inner designer. Ideas can be found in so many places, some of them are where you are least expecting them.
Where Do I Store My Things?
Now, every renovation requires a blank canvas so where do you put your household items during the renovation? In the winter months, many parts of the states and provinces have to deal with snow and cold temperatures, making it more difficult to store items from your home during renovations. To help make your renovation much easier you could consider portable storage options like U-Box containers . This alternative gives you the convenience of being able to load and access your goods on your own time while securely storing your items safely in U-Box portable storage containers during your renovation process.
How Do I Protect My Things?
From paint to sawdust, home renovations can get a little messy. Consider the following items to help preserve furniture, floors and more:
- A dust cover can be used to protect miscellaneous items from dust, soil and even water damage
- Similarly, a waterproof tarp can be used to cover or separate your work area from other sections of your home
- Airtight, waterproof and reusable, Space Bags are a unique product that allow you store items in a fraction of the space
Have you considered a DIY winter renovation in your home? What renovations have you tackled? Let us know in the comments below!