Loading the moving truck and unpacking the boxes both require a lot of your energy, so you can’t forget to eat. But, I understand the day is hectic and you don’t always have time for a proper meal. This is why you should set aside some time for a quick microwaveable bite. Check out these moving day microwave meals for ideas.
1. Use a small shallow microwave safe bowl and spread or spray a small amount of margarine on bottom of bowl.
2. Put your favorite type of filling (ham, chopped broccoli, diced tomato, etc) totaling of about 4oz.
3. Scramble 3 eggs, add seasoning and pour over filling mixture.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and mircrowave for 2 ½ minutes on medium, times vary depending on microwaves.
Once the egg mixture sets up, leave covered for 2 more minutes. Carefully uncover bowl, be cautious of steam! Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese and Voila! You have a protein filled fresh breakfast.
Pre-cook pasta to 2/3 done the day before for best results.
1 freezer section bag o meatballs (pre cooked)
1 jar of Italian sauce – your favorite variety
1 bag of pasta- your favorite variety
Add all into microwave safe casserole round. After emptying jar of sauce fill ½ way with water, rinse and add to mixture. Microwave until desired temperature, as some people actually like the lukewarm variety of pasta.
(I like this because it uses the same theory we have discussed before—using up all the ‘smidges’ of stuff in your fridge. It’s quick, easy, and filling, and can accommodate pretty much all dietary restrictions.
1. 12oz bag of chocolate chips—or any combination of butterscotch, chocolate, etc. Melt in microwave until almost cream – only do about 20 second increments
2. Stir in ½ cup or so of peanut butter, or almond butter, or marshmallow crème etc
3. Toss in about 3-4 cups of cereal (rice krispies, cheerios, fiber one, honey bunches, etc.) and stir until coated.
Drop spoonfuls on to wax paper lined sheet pan or tray. Cool in refrigerator for just a short time.