Nothing says summertime like hamburgers on the grill! This is an American classic that everyone loves, and grill masters everywhere should nail the right grilling times. Leave your barbeque guests raving and make the perfect burgers following the guidelines below! These grilling times are based on burgers with ¾ thickness– the perfect size for juicy and delicious patties.
- Rare: Grill 3 minutes on each side. The inside temperature should be 120-125° F.
- Medium Rare: Grill 4 minutes on each side. The inside temperature should be 130-135° F.
- Medium: Grill 5 minutes on each side. The inside temperature should be 140-145°F.
- Well Done: Grill 7 minutes on each side. The inside temperature should be 160°F.
How to Grill
1. Chose the correct ground beef– 80% lean and 20% fat has the best combination of flavors.
2. Form the meat into patties, and press a slight dimple in the middle of the burger with your finger.
3. Turn your propane grill on high to about 450-500° F and spray the grill racks to avoid sticking.
4. Place the patties over direct heat. Depending on your preference, follow the time above.
5. After the allotted time, flip the patties– only flip once for the most flavor!
6. Check the temperature. If the internal temp matches your preference above then remove from heat and serve immediately.
Take the guesswork out of grilling and let your watch and fork thermometer lead you to an impeccable meal. Everyone has their own preference, and these burger basics will help you achieve your desired doneness. Try switching up the classic hamburger with this recipe.
Do you have a burger recipe you like to make? Share it with us in the comment section below!