Be the official college tailgating master by following our game day ready checklist! Planning your tailgate party is an overwhelming task, however, with our game day ready checklist, we are here to ensure you throw a successful tailgating extravaganza. Use the list below as a guideline for all of your college tailgating party preparations. Everything you see is divided into categories, but of course, you will most likely adjust the list to your own personal tailgating needs. Enjoy!
Final 10 Pro Tailgating Tips:
- Prepare as much as possible before game day. Be sure to check out the stadium website for rules and regulations on tailgating on or near school property.
- Don’t forget to arrive at your tailgating location about 4 hours before kick off. This will ensure your group has plenty of time to set up, eat, clean up, and have a little fun too.
- Set up your tailgate near a public restroom if possible…no explanation needed…
- Make sure everyone knows what team to route for by utilizing food coloring for food and drinks!
- Keep food at their appropriate temperatures to avoid bacteria. Below 40 degrees is the recommended temperature for cold foods and above 140 degrees for hot foods.
- Use your thumb to make an indent on top of your patties before grilling and they’ll even out as they cook.
- Always tailgate with a clean grill grate. Forgot your brush? Grab some foil. Crumple it up, pinch it with tongs, and scrub away.
- Tie brightly colored balloons or flags to your car or canopy so that it’s easy for your group to locate the right parking spot.
- Bring an endless amount of bungee cords and extension cords.
- Sunscreen, water, repeat.
Have any personal tailgating tips, tricks, or suggestions to add? Share with us here on the blog!