Valentine’s Day is the perfect time for teachers to make some creative, love-themed crafts with their students–and with a few simple supplies, your class will be taking home some truly fridge-worthy projects! Follow these steps with your students to create a lovely Hanging “LOVE” Board this Valentine’s Day!
What You Need
- Small Moving Box (Use one from your move or grab a recycled one at store near you)
- Red or pink construction paper
- Glue or tape
- Box cutter
- Hole punch
- Paint, markers, glitter (optional)
How to Make
Step 1: Cut off one panel of your box and cut off any flaps to shape it into a square.
Step 2: Sketch out the letters “LOVE” (LO above, VE below) and cut out each letter with a box cutter.
Step 3: Tape or glue red or pink construction paper to the back of the cardboard so the letters will be colored! You can also use paint, markers and glitter to decorate the cardboard around the letters.
Step 4: Use the twine to line the inside edges of each letter, using glue to make it stick.
Step 5: Punch a hole on each corner above the “L” and “O.” String some twine through and knot it behind (on the side of the construction paper).
Step 6: Hang it up and spread the love this Valentine’s Day!
- If you’re uneasy about your students using box cutters, consider pre-cutting the boards before this classroom craft. This will also leave more time for students to use markers and paint to decorate the cardboard.
- Set aside the letters you cut out. If there’s extra class time, students can decorate them and string them together with twine for something to hang up in the classroom!
- For the “O” you removed, cut out a heart shape to affix onto the construction paper behind the “O” on your board!
What crafts have you done for Valentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!