If you’re a true camper, cold weather hardly stops you. However, it never hurts to bring along some helpful tools. If you do it right, camping during the winter can be fun, memorable and warm. Here’s what you’ll need to stay warm on your winter camping trip.
Propane is one of the best tools you could have during any camping trip, not just a winter one. It powers many products mentioned below that are sure to make your experience more pleasant. Because it has several functions, a propane tank is a smart buy and can be refilled at a U-Haul location near you.
Portable heaters are a must for warm winter camping. The last thing you want is to be freezing in the middle of the woods! Here are a few options for your trip:
1. Portable Buddy Heater. This propane-powered heater will keep you and your fellow campers warm at up to 200 square feet. It can be used inside or outside. It has a safety shutoff function for low oxygen levels or in case it tips over.
2. BIG Buddy Indoor Safe Propane Heater. This heater is similar to the Portable Buddy Heater, but it actually heats up to 400 square feet! It also has the same shutoff device and can be used indoors or outdoors. This heater is compatible with 5, 10, 11, 20, and 30-pound propane tanks with OPD safety valves. It has a convenient carrying handle and rear holes for wall mounting.
3. Propane Fire Ring. Camping isn’t the same without a fire! This outdoor portable gas campfire comes with a circular base and a high-pressure burner. There’s no need to gather wood for this propane-powered fire ring. Roasting marshmallows and telling scary stories around a fire has never been so easy. The fire ring includes:
- 12 lb. bag of lava rocks (help disperse flames and heat)
- Carry bag
- 2 extendable roasting sticks
- Regulator and 5-ft. hose
- Fully adjustable heat control knob
This device won’t produce smoke, because it is propane-fueled. It’s also convenient and portable, so you can take it anywhere. You don’t have to limit its use to camping either. If you just want a relaxing evening in your backyard, it’s great for that too.
4. Tank Top Portable Heater. These outdoor heaters can sit on your propane tank and keep you toasty on your camping trip. They come in sizes with one, two or three burners and attach to varying propane tanks, depending on which heater you choose.
There’s nothing like a hot meal in the middle of the cool woods! It’s not as obvious as a heater, but grilling equipment is a great way to warm up your trip as well. Consider bringing along:
1. Char-Broil Portable Gas Grill. If you plan on cooking during your trip, be sure to do it the right way with a portable grill! This is another item that makes purchasing propane so worthwhile. It has a stainless steel finish for a little bit of glamour and lights up at the push of a button.
2. Grill Baskets. Grilling is a great way to stay warm on your winter camping trip, but it can be messy if you don’t do it the right way. Whether you’re cooking meat, veggies or anything else, use a grill basket. It will make for more evenly cooked food that can all be flipped with one handle. You can bring grill baskets for vegetables, kabobs or even a quick quesadilla.
Between your portable heaters, propane fire ring, and freshly-grilled meal, you’ll be warm in no time on your next camping trip!
How have propane powered products warmed up your winter camping trip? Share with us in the comments!