When you hear the phrase “moving boxes,” you probably picture your standard corrugated box – and you’re absolutely right! But picture this: U-Haul moving boxes stretch far beyond the corrugated variety.
We can’t talk about U-Haul moving boxes without mentioning these corrugated masterpieces. Designed to last you four moves or 10-12 years in storage, our core selection of corrugated boxes is the bread and butter of our moving supplies. They range from small to extra-large, and each are rated to 65 lbs.
Chances are, our core selection of boxes is not news to you. But did you know that we also have specialty boxes for specific household items? Have some clothes that you want to keep on hangers while you move? The Wardrobe box is there for you. Have some glassware from the kitchen that you want to keep in one piece during your move? The Dish Saver Kit has you covered. With our specialty boxes, no packing dilemma is insurmountable.
When to use:
- When you’re moving and want to protect your items during transit
- When placing items in short- or long-term storage
- When packing books, mirrors, TVs, delicate clothing, dishes, electronics, and more!
- When shipping items
For some students, moving back to campus means reuniting with roommates, friends, and the liberating feeling of being on your own. For other students, it means constant stress, little-to-no sleep, and ramen noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Regardless of your outlook on the college experience, one thing can be agreed upon: moving your stuff should be the least of your worries.
- Sturdy, double walled boxes for maximum stacking and shipping safety
- One size fits all – 24x16x18
- Each box can hold up to 106 lbs. of gross weight
- Meet FedEx and UPS standards for shipping
CollegeBoxes® are shipped right to your door in packs of five. Included in the shipment is a supply kit, featuring a marker, tape, zip ties, and labels. As a bonus, you can use the supply kit box as a sixth box for shipping!
When to use:
- When you go to any of these colleges
- When moving out after the Spring semester
- When moving onto campus for the Fall semester
- When storing for Winter break
- When studying abroad
U-Box® Portable Storage Containers
What if you didn’t have to travel with your goods on moving day? With U-Box® Containers, U-Haul has turned that vision into reality. The portable storage solution is the ultimate combination of convenience, flexibility, and security. Here’s how it works:
When to use:
- When you want the option of home delivery on moving day
- When looking to store items without leaving the comfort of your home
- When you need time between your arrival in your new city and move-in day
- When you need to temporarily store items on-site for a home renovation
- When you are home staging and need somewhere to store unsightly items
- When you need your belongings shipped anywhere – even overseas!
As the newest member of the “U-Haul moving boxes” family, Ready-To-Go Box℠ is bringing new options to the table. The plastic moving box provides a quick and sustainable way to pack and transport your items, with 2.4 cubic feet of packing space available on the inside! Ready-To-Go Box℠ is not a retail item, but it is available to rent on a week-to-week basis for as long as you need! If you need it for longer than originally planned, it’s no problem – just give us a call to extend your rental.
Ready-To-Go Box℠ is currently available in select areas across the U.S. and Canada. Click here to see if they are available to rent at a U-Haul center near you.
When to use:
- When you don’t want leftover boxes laying around after a move
- When you’re moving in a hurry – no assembly required!
- When you’re looking to save space – Ready-To-Go Boxes can be nested and stacked!
Moving Made Easier
When it comes to moving, U-Haul has never been afraid to think outside the box (pun intended). From the 1.5 cubic feet of a Small Moving Box to the 257 cubic feet of a U-Box Container, U-Haul moving boxes can accommodate for a move of any size. So the next time you are making a move, or just need somewhere to put your stuff, count on U-Haul to deliver (literally).
Do you have experience with any of these U-Haul moving boxes? Share your feedback in the comments section below!