If you have a unique experience, insight, or tip to lend to DIY movers, and are interested in sharing them with our readers, we’d like to hear from you. Please read our guest blogging guidelines for more information (downloadable here):
It’s our goal to provide the most useful, fresh and relevant information for our do-it-yourself moving readers. If you have experience with moving, storage, home organization and improvements, any related area and would like to share a great tip, trick or experience, we’d love to hear from you. But first, please read through our guidelines and standards to ensure that we are all on the same page.
- Relevant– your post should be appropriate, and serve the needs of DIY movers. Great examples of this include:
- How To’s: Unique approaches to solve the challenges that DIY movers face.
- Personal tips: Individual accounts of your own strategies or approaches to moving, storage or organization have been successful.
- Recommendations: If you feel passionately about a solution or thought process that has helped you in the moving process, that’s great. Please note: Our purpose is to inform and assist, not sell. WE WILL NOT POST SELF-PROMOTING MATERIAL, OR BLATANT PROMOTIONS OF YOUR OWN GOOD/SERVICE.
- Useful– your post should be valuable to DIY movers, and any recommendations should be feasible for do-it-yourselfers.
- Helpful– your post should aim to offer a solution for the reader; give them a reason to read, and make them more knowledgeable for having done so.
- Understandable– While we don’t expect literary excellence (we have an editing team for that), we do expect that your writing will have a clear tone, appealing flow, and ultimately, a concise idea.
- Content must be original to our site- written by you, and not published anywhere else.
- Keep your posts between 300-500 words.
- Include a short bio about yourself and your experience, 100 words or less. You can include a link to your own blog or website here.
- Credit all outside sources appropriately, including links to said information.
- All submissions must be attached to an email, and in .doc or .docx format
- Your post submission should include an image. Please use a high-quality photo, the rights to which you own (link to a Gravatar is acceptable). We reserve the right to make any adjustments to the photo, including but not limited to sizing and cropping. If you do not provide an image, we will select a generic, local business image.
- You may include up to 3 links to your own website or blog within the body of your blog post.
To submit your original post for review, please send the post plus at least two photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should we decide that your content fits our needs, we will notify you via e-mail at the address you’ve provided.